The Governing Body has 3 core functions:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent.
Governing Boards are required to appoint governors who meet the eligibility criteria based on the skills and experience required by the board.
- Talat Ahmed (Vice Chair)
- Sandy Wan
- David Backhouse (Chair of Governors)
- Dianne Borien
- Matthew O’Connor
LA NOMINATED GOVERNOR
- Mr Emeran Saigol
- Sarbjit Kalsi
- Steve Davies (Headteacher)
Meet the Chair of Governors
Mr David Backhouse MBE
David is a very experienced Chair of Governors of primary and secondary schools who was co-opted onto Redbridge Primary’s Governing Body in May 2018 and first elected as Chair at the same time.
He is now retired, having spent his whole career in a variety of engineering and planning roles in the telecoms industry.
As a National Leader of Governance (2012 – 21), appointed by the National College for School Leadership, he provided training and has supported Governing Bodies in Barking and Dagenham, Waltham Forest as well as in Redbridge.
In 2013 he was appointed by the Secretary of State for Education to the Interim Executive Board of a struggling primary school in Barking & Dagenham.
In 2012, he proudly carried the Olympic Flame as it passed through the borough and in January 2022 was awarded an MBE in the New Year’s Honours’ List for ‘Services to Education’